Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to set the FSB to 133mhz (instead of 100) but when i do that, the computer instantly reboots en locks up. It seems that the mobo, fan, cpu, hdd, etc. do start, except the graphical card.
Thought i would have to change a jumper on the mobo, to be able to run at 133mhz, but the manual only speaks on changing FSB.
Searched all over the net but found nothing that can help me ... reaaly desperate and need the extra mhz to be able to run BF 2...

MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU Via KT333
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=11
Athlon 2100 + :sayno:
512 mb ddr @ 333
Geforce FX5900XT 128mb

·
Registered
587 Posts
What temperature is the processor running at?

Is the heatsink adequate for that processor, you need a heatsink good for 70+ W thermal output with the 2100+...

Whats the true capacity of your power supply? What I mean by that is not whats written on the side like "400W" I mean what are the amperage (A) specs for each voltage on the side of the power supply for:
3.3V = ?A
+5V =?A
+12V =?A
+5VSB =?A

These are the minimum recommended current capacities in the AMD desktop builders guide circa 2002 for a certifed 300W power supply that would be used in a Socket 462 (socket A) system.
+3.3V = 28A
+5.0V = 30A
+12.0V = 15A-18A
+5VSB = 2A-2.5A

You should look for something similar to this:
+3.3V = 28A
+5.0V = 30A
+12.0V = 20A+
+5VSB = 2A

MD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've set the multiplier to "12,5x-13x" instead of "Auto" and set FSB to 133mhz. Boots perfectly, seems that the multiplier setting was my problem.
Comp occasionally freezes now. Found something on IRQ's, seems windows adresses to many things to one IRQ or something like that (typical KTxxx chipset problem). Anyone knows more about this problem? ACPI should be removed to adress IRQ's manually ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

Mmmmm this topic is very old. But I try. I'm having the same problem with my mainbord. I'm having a xp2200. And is shown as 1500+ what I did is flash the bios to version 5.7. I can set the mainbord to high performence, but then the computer instantly reboots en locks up. I tried to change the multiplier but after that the pc will not start, and i had to clean cmos and start again. Can someone help. I change nothing to my computer. Amd2200xp, msi KT3 Ultra, 1gb memory, gforce3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.