1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i am starting to be very angry.
I have this PC
MB: Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2
CPU: AMD ATHLON LE - 1600 (IT HAS BEEN OC FROM 2.2MHz TO 2.5 MHz)
PSU: CHIEFTEC 360 W
VGA: ON BOARD
RAM: 2x1GB KINGSTON ON 800MHz
My cpu is geting very hot when it is loaded. When i am playing \cod4 Modern Warfare, i can play it for about 2 minutes and pc blocks.
I have an accurate thermometer, and it says 42.9 Celsisus
This mesuring is true messured with an tektronix thermometer.
I did not mesured ON BOARD VGA, but it have a small fan to cool it.
I am blaming CPU.
This is my fan configuration:
I have one fan on CPU, the cooler which came with CPU, i have one inside the PSU and one more in CPU to push air out from CPU, like i said there is one more, which is puling air in from case. Maybe that fan is a problem.
Then i have one on side which is puling air directly to CPU fan. there is no front or back fan. Case has many holes on it.
Anybody, answer ASAP if can?
Sorry for bad english
And if i may say nice forum.

·
In & out... very busy
1,877 Posts
My cpu is geting very hot when it is loaded. When i am playing \cod4 Modern Warfare, i can play it for about 2 minutes and pc blocks.
I have an accurate thermometer, and it says 42.9 Celsisus
You seem to have contradicted yourself, you are saying the CPU is hot, but is only at 42.9 C.
Wherever you are taking this temperature, you wont be getting the correct reading as the core temp, or even the integrated heat spreader, are both hidden by your CPU heatsink.
I suggest you drop the overclock, Chieftec power supplies arent much cop where overclocking is concerned, and Im sure most people would be frustrated trying to run COD4 on onboard graphics too.
All in all, it would seem you are pushing your PC too hard. Is upgrading out of the question?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Currently i am unable to upgrade anything on my PC. You are absolutely right, i get very very very frustrated when playing COD 4 with everything on lowest possible setting.
The on boar VGA is an ATI X1200 express.
Yes but always when it reach the 42.9 C it stop working. This is first time i have a problem with this CPU, i can not drop OC. I am using some profesional software and i need speed. So this 300 extra MHz is realkly helping me. I experimented something with some 220 V AC fans, and it keeps a stable temp, and i am able to play COD for over than an hour. I beleive a solve the porblem.
The main problem is my room temp, it is const around 30 C in summer, that is the problem. But i believe with this new fan it will work.
Thanks anyway

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Just to add one more thing in addition to the psu being weak,,,,,,,,,
your case fans from what I understand of them are all wrong, you need at least one in the front pulling cool air in and one in the back exhausting hot air out.

If you don't have this config as a minimum the fans could be causing a unequal air flow inside the case.

please understand this is a additional problem because that chieftech 360w is not going to cut it and add additionl heat to the system

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.