Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a laptop that I belived needs a new memory, but the problem is that I cannot find anything but the battery under the laptop. I mean in other brands when turned upside down you could easily recognize as to where the battery and the memory is located. the other problem is that I could not tell or find any other description as who the manufacter is?
I did a search on the internet and the information I get is that it is a ASUSTEK L8400 series. on the label of the laptop is as follows digital first I box, L8400 series notebook. Serial#08N1040060 B, that is all. I search for the manual for this laptop but zero results. when the unit is turned on all the indicators are on, but nothing is on the screen just black, there is no beeping sounds, or any other thinig that would tell me there is a problem.
Does anyone know anything about this unit and how I may get a manual as how to use :4-dontkno

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
You may have to remove the entire bottom cover or possibly even look under the keyboards as some laptops have RAM under there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks matt I will try and disassemble the unit. I would still like to know it anyone knows how I might or find a guide for the unit:grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.