Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AsusP4P800 Deluxe, onboard sound is crackling&popping like a bowl of Rice Crispies.

Recently bought a new rig, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, dual channel 2*256M Corsair DDR 400MHz, PIV2.8. Running WinXP with SP1.

I'm having a rather unique onboard sound problem that I haven't seen listed on this forum so far. At random intervals, either one or the other of my stereo speakers will let off a kind of crackling pop. It isn't a problem with my speakers, as I've reproduced the problem with a pair of headphones plugged directly into the Motherboard sound jack. It isn't a driver problem, as I've updated all of my drivers. It isn't a problem specific to one particular media type, as it occurs with MP3s, Video files and games.

Someone suggested to me that I should turn off Bassboost and keep my Master and Wav volumes below 50%, which is not only a crap solution for such an expensive (and purportively good) board, but also which didn't work.

Anybody know of any possible causes or solutions for this problem? It's 2 weeks after a fresh install and upgrade, and I'm feeling a wee bit cheesed off here.:angry2:

Edit: oh yeah; occasionally the autodetect will ask me what I have plugged into the green plug, even though I didn't unplug my speakers.

Edit: I've done NO overclocking, everything is at stock BTW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another problem; not sure if this might be a mobo problem or a problem with my vid card, but once or twice I've booted up to discover these friggin lines everywhere. Occasionally they're purple. I'm running a Radeon 9800 Pro 256. Rebooting a few times makes them go away, but ***?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.