Tech Support banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, don't you know what might be wrong with that? I disassembled the laptop cleaned the fan plugged everything back in first it didn't turn on at all due to 2 cables under the keyboard so I plugged them in and the laptop turned on everything worked but as I screwed the last screws it turned on but only the led lights were on and the fan didn't spin and no picture. So I disassembled it again today and when I turn it on I will see the Asus logo then the Windows logo for about 1 second and it will turn off, the fan still does not spin. Asus X53S

Thanks for help!

·
Premium Member
42,036 Posts
Reseat the removable hardware (ie) HDD, RAM etc. Recheck all connections to the motherboard especially the fans. If you are getting the Asus splash screen boot into Setup (Bios) look in System Information that the HDD/SSD is showing. You can remove the HDD and reboot and see if it gets to the Bios. If all else fails you may have shorted the motherboard when you were cleaning it out. which would mean you would have to replace the Motherboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reseat the removable hardware (ie) HDD, RAM etc. Recheck all connections to the motherboard especially the fans. If you are getting the Asus splash screen boot into Setup (Bios) look in System Information that the HDD/SSD is showing. You can remove the HDD and reboot and see if it gets to the Bios. If all else fails you may have shorted the motherboard when you were cleaning it out. which would mean you would have to replace the Motherboard.
Hello so the problem is fixed somehow? I accidently fixed this problem when i was reconnecting one cable which connects the Power button so when i was connecting it someho⁶w it launched but i had bsod inacessible boot device so i reinstalled Windows 7 and now everything works except keyboard cable and fan is damaged i think, its weird that when i Power it on with power button only Asus logo then shuts down, but when i Power it with cable everything works! Thanks for reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts