1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone;
Here is the story. I am trying to build a new tower;
These are the stuff I bought:
Motherboard: P4C800-E Deluxe SKT478 I875 ATX Sound Gig LAN USB 2.0 FSB800 Retail Box
Cpu: 3.4 intel p4
Hdd: Maxtor 6L250R0 Diamondmax 10 250GB 7200rpm ATA/133 16MB Cache - OEM
Memory: Kingston 1GB 400MHz DDR PC3200 DIMM 3-3-3
Dvd rw

I put every thing together and start up. I got this message:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
STOP 0x0000007B (0xF7C84640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

Since I don’t want to use RAID, in bios I set to IDE. All connection are ok since bios recognise every part I put in.

I was really excited about building my first computer but now it has been a week since I’m trying to solve the problem and I’m not getting any where.

Please guys can some one tell me how to fix this problem?

Many thanks

Samantha

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF Sam:

First enter the bios / click on the "restore default settings" second item: also check in the advanced config section of bios / make sure raid controller is set to "disabled" dont forget to exit and save from the bios

then make sure your ide master drive has the jumpers set to master on the drive / is the drive connected at the end of the cable / the extreme other end of the same cable should be in the blue Primary IDE connector on the motherboard >> no other devices should be on that calbe at this time

boot up computer / is the hard drive detected in the bios as "primary Master"

your boot order for installing the OS should be floppy, cd-rom, hard drive

check these things and post your findings

be patient >>> we can help you get up and running >> make sure you perform your troubleshooting in a methodical manner / think everything out slowly and accurately >>> are you sure you applied you thermal grease & heat sink and fan to CPU correctly ???????

regards

joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.