Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
first of all I'd like to thank for every advice or comment and mainly effort you'll put into this thread.

Configuration:

Motherboard: Asus P5Q SE2
RAM: Kingston 2x1GB 1066 MHz
Processor: Pentium E6500, duo core 2,93 GHz
GPU: nVidia 8800 GTX
Bios: P5Q SE2 BIOS 0801
Service Pack 3

Problem description:
When I put pressure on my PC it tends to crash into blue screen. I can not read the crash report as it restarts itself immediately.

I've decided to post here because I was using HP dx 7400 motherboard and never hit this issue. When I swtiched to Asus P5Q SE2 these problems started.

I'm not sure what causes it, maybe low voltages or not strong enough power supply. Maybe compatibility? Bios is surely the latest that Asus provide, other drivers too.

Thank you for helping me to solve this problem.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
And, your power supply brand name and wattage is?????

Please enter the bios and check the temperatures and voltages for us and report them back here.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
What are the Error Codes on the BSOD?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Power supply: Dynamic 400 watts

I can't catch the crash report (blue screen) because it just flashes and pc restarts after that. :(

Voltages:
CPU Voltage [Auto]
FSB Termination Voltage [Auto]
Memory Voltage [Auto]
North Bridge Voltage [Auto]
South Bridge Voltage [Auto]

Timing:
first: 5-5-18-3-42-6-3
second: 8-3-5-4-6-4-7
third: 14-5-1-5-5

Temperatures:
CPU 40-50°C both cores
GPU 70-90°C

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
We meed the BIOS temperatures and voltages, not another aftermarket program. That should give us some clues.

The power supply you have listed is pure JUNK and that is most likely part of this problem you are seeing and that can also cause heat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention that at same time when I was replacing MB I've replaced power supply too, I had Thermaltake 600 watt power supply which was burnt.

Will check on the voltages and temperatures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Two posts above. It's Dynamic 400 watts

This morning I've downloaded nVidia GPU driver (not sure if it is new one because last time I've downloaded one was two weeks ago) and so far I didn't get blue screen even once. But that is few hours.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
I thought you meant you had replaced it since then, my bad.

Anyway, simple thing here, that power supply WILL NOT pull that video card, you need a bare minimum of a 550 watt Seasonic or Corsair to pull that card. I suggest you purchase a 550 or 650 watt power supply for this rig. NewEgg has some on sale right now, so you might find a real deal on a decent power supply

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
you need to do a right click on my computer > properties > advanced > startup and recovery and uncheck auto restart

This will stop the system rebooting when you get a BSOD so you can see what it says. To get rid of the BSOD you will have to press the reset button

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
greenbrucelee: thanks:)

So the problem is most probably in power supply Tumbleweed? I'll get stronger one then. Thanks a lot. I think this topic can be closed then?

Thanks all for efforts.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
See if you can borrow a stronger one from a friend and see what happens. That way you can be sure and won't spend money on something that is not needed. It is my opinion that the cheap power supply you have won't pull that video card...do let us know and BTW, follow the directions given to you by greenbrucelee also to help diagnose what is wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got the error message: Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xA429A000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB492C0D8)

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
This message can indicate driver issues or faulty ram.

are all your drivers installed and up to date?

download memtest86, burn it to disk and boot from that disk with only one ram stick installed run it for several passes then swap over the ram stick with the other one a run the test again.

And still replace the spu with a better one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I've managed to fix this problem. Problem was in bad LAN driver, repaired it and works fine from that moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.