Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all !

I'm now the proud owner of a Asus P5LD2 Deluxe board.

A specific question i have is this :

Can i connect normal speakers to these connectors on the back of the motherboard, ive heard from several sources that i need 'active' speakers to get sound, is this true ?

In other words, is there a amplifier on board on this P5LD2 Deluxe ?
Can i connect my surround (2 wires per speaker, copper) to this board ?

Or are there 'convertors' on the market that can make this conversion work , for instance a sort of connector board that at one side connects my copper wires (like on a stereo amplifier) and on the other side the proper connectors that go in the back of the motherboard.

Any help in this is musch appreciated !

Thank you for your time and effort !

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@Radjaasus
Welcome :smile:
Congrats on your new board! From what I hear and read, they are excellent! I want one! :sayyes:
Unfortunately, your non-self-powered speakers will not work by plugging them directly into your computer. Your computer supplies no power to the audio line, it only supplies enough power for a signal to carry the sound information.
Self-powered speakers will work, or run a line from your computer to an amplifier or stereo receiver that has regular non-self-powered speakers connected will also work.
A 'convertor' may be able to connect the cables, but will not supply any power for your unpowered speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Asus P5LD2 Deluxe board

Thank you for the info!

Any idea where i can find such a 'convertor', maybe these come with a amplifier build-in...

Suggestions are most welcome !

Best regards

Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.