Discussion Starter #1
was building a system;
Asus P4V8X-X
Celeron D 335 2.8 FSB533 256kb cache
kingston 512MB DDR333 PC2700 rasm
XFX GeForce FX5200 256MB AGP8x
Maxtor 80GB HD
system has 350W PSU

There is power to board and system powers up .. processor fans spins. HD spins but no display and no beeps.

I have removed board from case to make sure not bad earth. Same results. Graphics card works on another machine and so does the memory. I thought maybe I was sent faulty board or processor so ordered replacements .. they came but I still get exactly the same results so now I am guessing that something must not be compatible.

I really have no clue how to proceed from here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so I am still having no joy!

If i removed CPU and memory from the motherboard and just booted up with vga attached should I get a screen/some beeps etc?

If i dont and power supply and vga card known to be good would that more or less confirm that motherboard is faulty?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
greetings
before you swap out motherboards, which is very possible you recieved another d.o.a. board, try a different slot for the memory. make sure all the pins are straight, not bent, on the cpu and hard drive.
post back

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pins on CPU are all fine. As are the pins on HD. Have tried all three memory slots same result. Power comes on, fans spin, no display or beeps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the first one I tried was a casecom 350W ... The second was an encer 350W ... both power supplies been tested on working systems

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
the wattage on both date back to win me era,see if you can borrow a 500w+ quality supply to try in it

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Looking at your manual this board Has Onboard Video? Looking at the manual on page 1-4 Shows a D-sub connector #25. If yours has this then you may have to go into the Bios and disable the onboard Video. Also Make sure that your AGP card is not 3.3 volt this board supports 1.5V or 0.8V.If this is the Board ASUS
If you happen to have the D-Sub ob the back Plug in and see what you get.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
#25 is a com port not vga
No vga on board. AGP card was appropriate voltage. Even with AGP card no beeps to say VGA error.
No access to bios ever because cannot get display

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Changed motherboard .. used one from different manufacturer. Worked first time so guess was 2 boards d.o.a ... or incompatible with CPU ..although should be compatible according to specs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.