Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
For overclockers’ convenience, ASUS introduced CPU Parameter Recall function, which will automatically return all the settings to default ones, if the system fails to boot. But to our great disappointment, CPU Parameter Recall function doesn’t work in the existing BIOS versions. That is why, if you screwed some settings in the BIOS, press and hold INS key on boot-up and you will access the Setup to correct your mistakes

· Registered
3 Posts
I just went through this same issue. INS key works only under certain circumstances. In this case, just like mine with Crucial memory and "TURBO" settings it seems the bios can't recover. My memory is CL=3 type . The trick to getting it out of being "stuck" is to simply plug in a single stick of memory preferably CL=2 . In my case all I could find was DDR3200, cheap AZENRAM. I removed all current memory sticks and just put this one in the first blue slot. Bang! I was able to recover. I reverted all the settings to default and then put in my original memory with a promise to myself that until I purchase CL=2 memory => no overclocking. I think this is a defect in the design of the bios s/w. I think they will have to release a new load to fix this stupid situation. One should always be able to recover for settings that don't work. They advertise this"crash free" thing. I also concluded that the memory I bought was not on the list of recomended memory hence I was on my own with no recourse. I'll have to unload this memory into my kids machines and get myself the CL=2 mem from the approved list when it comes down in price.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.