Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a P4 3.0GHz Processor, 512MB DDR400 RAM, Radeon 9800 pro on an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe.

I plugged the stuff in. And turned it on. It worked fine. So I started installing windows 98. So the hard drive began to format itself and then it ran scandisk. Then the system froze. So I rebooted. Then the monitor won't show a thing.

Now I'm stuck. Everytime I power the system up, the monitor receives no video signal. And the ASUS POST reporter keeps saying "system failure do to CPU overclocking" even though I'm not over clocking. The manual tells me to adjust the BIOS settings but I can't even adjust the BIOS cuz the system doesn't boot far enough to, and the monitor won't display anything.
I've tried to reset the BIOS with the little CLR CMOS jumper but that hasn't helped either.

I've also booted up without the CPU and the system reports that there's no CPU which is right. I boot w/out the RAM and the system reports no RAM. Which is also right. But whenever both are installed, then it gives me that same overclocking error. PLEASE HELP ME! I'M AT THE END OF MY ROPE!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PenDragoN said:
HI Brian48216!

Already tried to clear CMOS? If not so - right beneath your RAID-connector ( IDE3 ) you'll find a jumper called CLRTC which is default set to 1-2. Set this jumper to 2-3 for about 10 seconds , power off ( complete! cable off from pc! ) power on , reboot and enter BIOS - you'll have to setup your BIOS again . After that I'd recommend a BIOS flash to the latest BIOS software. I'm using 1010d.001 beta bios by the time and am feeling quite alright with it...

Greetz
Pen

Yea. I already tried that. Many many times. Regardless the system won't power on correctly. The green light comes on. The fans spin. The Hard drive clicks a little bit, but that's it.

THanks anyway.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SPEEDO said:
Try This

Remove everything off of the motherboard.

Take the motherboard out of the case and lay it on a phone book or something non conductive.

Clear the CMOS.

Re-Install the CPU, Heatsink and Fan.

Hook up the following items only.

Hook up the wire that comes from the power button on the front of the case to the correct header, See manual.

Hook up the the power supply to the motherboard.

Insert one stick of ram.

Insert the video card all the way.

Hook up the monitor.

Hook up power to computer.

Turn on the monitor.

Turn on computer.

You should have video on the monitor.

This sounds like a lot of work but it narrows down the devices to a few.

Try this and post back with the results.

Yea.......I've pretty much done that.......
Thanks for the advice though.

Right now I only have 1 stick of RAM, the Radeon, and the CPU installed.

The system has only been running for about an hour and a half tops when formatting the HD. Could the processor have burned out!? PLEASE SAY NO!!!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as a matter a fact hyperthreading WAS enabled......but I never got past formatting the harddrive. It was just running scandisk when all the trouble started.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SUCCESS

Whoever encounters this problem as well....

try moving your ram to B1 as opposed to using A1.

It just happened by accidnet that I moved the RAM for some reason (too lazy to remove the videocard while I was moving the case) and it booted! so if you get hte same problem. Try moving the ram around. It might work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.