Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have an Asus P4P800-Deluxe and apparently have begun having voltage problems. On boot up I have been getting intermittent crashes that seem to getting more frequent. Sometimes the error message comes up that overclocking failed even though I do not have it overclocked. I noticed in the bios setup that the 3.3 volt showed 4.08 volts. When I got the system booted up and used ASUS probe it also showed 4.08. I shut the system down and restart and now it shows 3.34-3.36 volts. Only rarely have I been getting reboots after the system has been up and running for a length of time. Any ideas what to do about this. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
John

Asus p4p-deluxe
P4 2.6
512 MB – 2 Cosair CMX256A-3500C2
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 MB (dual monitor)
350 w PSU

·
Registered
906 Posts
I would try a new PSU, 350 Watts is very minimal for a P4 system and if it is a generic power supply that came with your case then it is probably not a very good quality PSU.

I would suggest a Antec or Enermax of atleast 450 watts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have a Silentmaxx 350 W power supply, so it should be better than a generic, however point taken that it may be a bit underpowered, but I have had it for almost three years with pretty much the smae configuratin, except for the upgradeed video card a few months ago and it has only been recently that the system has been acting up.

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
the extra power pulled by the video card has probably sent it over the edge and it is starting to fail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.