Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built a new system with a Asus P4C800 MB and when in post beeps depending on how many USB powered devices I have connected. USB items are as follows, HP DeskJet 812C, WonderEye USB camera and Canon FB620U scanner. System boots I do get 3 beeps one for each device and the lower beep of the bios booting can anyone tell me if this is normal???
thx,
SB

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 4 usb devices conected. Mouse, scanner, printer, and extension plug to move back usb to front of case.

I get 2 beeps on boot up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well... same here...

connected a MS explore mouse and a USB HUB, with nothing in it. I get 3 beeps. With only the mouse plugged in i get 1 beep.

I've read somewhere to turn off USB legacy support... that didn't work for me.

no clue.. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
crappy coment... no help at all...

i'm calling with tech support from ASUS Germany. And hopefully i'll have an answer for u soon.

greetz.
Dennis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beeps

DarkstaR1st said:
crappy coment... no help at all...

i'm calling with tech support from ASUS Germany. And hopefully i'll have an answer for u soon.

greetz.
Dennis
So what did you find out from ASUS? My 4 beeps (1 low, 1 high and 2 high) have been keeping me busy since I installed the P4C800. I think the beeps can actually be ignored as the system runs fine otherwise. Still it would be nice to know what it's all about.
Kind regards, Pet

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok... sorry guys.. It took a long time to finally get these guys on the phone. And i forgot this post.

The guy from Asus told me to ignore them. He said that it is normal for it to count the USB devices.

Then i asked him why i can't find anything on this item in the manual or on the website ( the only beeps you'll find are the error signals).
He couldn't give me an answer.

I told him that i bought memory that is twice as expensive to try to remedy the "faked" parity error (3 beeps) i had.
He still didn't answer...

Well... i still think it's an error within the mobo. But, that it's not that serious. A friend of mine bought the exact same setup that i have and he didn't have the problem .

My system didn't crash once and is running very fast and very stable..

I hope i helped out a bit

bye,

Dennis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanx a million, Dennis.
I feel much better about the board now. Shame on ASUS though. They couls at least put the beeps into their FAQs.
Regards, Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.