Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still working minor bugs out of this system before I post to the working P4C800-E thread.

The minor headache I'm facing at the moment is that the Intel Application Accelerator RAID Edition will not install. It says that it can't find compatible hardware, but I do have the Intel 82801ER chipset. I also installed the latest INF utility right after installing Windows XP Home. I've tried IAAR versions 3.5, 3.5.1, and 3.5.2. I meet all of the requirements as listed in the readme files.

Would the non-RAID edition of the IAA be of any use?
:confused:

Antec Plus1080AMG case with optional front fans
Antec 430W ATX 12V TruePower
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 800MHz FSB
Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT 1GB DDR400 (x2)
BMG Tech GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB
Philips PSC706 Acoustic Edge (not installed yet)
Maxtor DM+9 6Y080M0 80GB SATA (x2)
Samsung SC-152 and SM-352
Philips 109B 19" CRT
Logitech Elite Keyboard
Logitech MX500 Mouse

·
Registered
1 Posts
your motherboard has to chipsets one Intel and one Promise. If you have your HDDs connected to Promise chip controller then your Intel Application Accelerator RAID Edition its not going to find Intel chipset since there is nothing connected to it. If you want to set up RAID 1 or 0+1 then you will need to have your HDDs connected to Promise chipset connectors and if you want RAID 0 then you have option of using Intel or Promise. For Promise chipset make sure that you have new updated driver for asus web site.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
Thanks pelus, I actually think this thread went stale. It was sort of a dup, Mental already figured out here that he had to (a)have the ICH5R chipset, and (b)set it to RAID mode. Then the RAID version of IAA will install.

We think the non-RAID version of IAA will not install on any i875/865/848 etc. current-generation chipset family.

-clintfan

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct - non-RAID IAA will not support the newer chipsets "yet," as Intel reported to me.

The only way to use the IAA on the newer chipsets is to configure RAID off the Intel ports, then apply the IAAR.

And correct, this thread is so stale it smells funny. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.