p4c800-e deluxe bios 1018
p4 2.8E
OCZ GOLD VX 1G 3200
Matrox 550
Seagate 120
2 Western Digital
Zalman fan
Sonata Case. 380W PS

My main problem is that, I can't get low timings on my ram, even at stock (200fsb) speeds. The lowest I can get is 2.5-3-3-5, without changing the ratio.

I have setting ram voltage 2.85 the maximum.
Turbo mode, PAT on, Hyperthreading off.

I have also tried different ram. THe kingston hyperx3200 512 kit.

Can overclock this setup, but the fastest I can get the fsb to is 232 without changing the ddr ratio using 2.5-3-3-5. I know that this board, and with my ram i i should at least get 250is fsb, so the ram is not the problem. I would like to see the advertised settings of 2-2-2-5 at least without overclocking too.

I was wondering if maybe my powersupply is not enough, or what?

So far with my p4 2.8E the highest score with sandra, bandwidth test is 5600.

Can you guys post any similar info if you have it.

thanks

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
From what I've read, that RAM needs a lot of voltage (3 volts or above) to be able to run at 2-2-2-X. A P4C800-E only goes up to 2.85 volts although ASUS MBs tend to be about 0.05 volts above the voltage they claim so you're really probably running at 2.9 volts. That's not really enough to hit 2-2-2-X at 200MHz and ain't gonna do it when you start pushing the FSB upwards. You'd have to voltmod the motherboard to be able to push it to higher clock rates and maintain the 2-2-2-X timings and even then it's not guaranteed.

Personally I'd just swallow your pride and change the memory ratio to 5:4 and see how high you can push the FSB with non-aggressive RAM timings. The I875 chipset really isn't that sensitive to slower RAM timings anyway so the best "real world" speed you're going to get is by maximizing the FSB and pushing the CPU clock rate as high as you can rather than trying to optimize your Sandra bandwidth score. The actual speed on just about any program other than memory benchmarks is much more related to your CPU clock rate than it is to your memory speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks.

I am trying to get the best "real world" speed, definantly. The best stable performance with no cpu "hiccups". I will try some looser timings I guess...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.