Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just 5 mintues ago, I posted the following in no-boot problem thread:

Hi fellas,

I had the same problem described above with a P4C800 Deluxe. The solution to my problem was to replace my power supply, as others have mentioned, BUT NOT FOR THE SAME REASON.

The reason was my old power supply (only 6 months old) did not have the 4 prong, square configuration, connector required to run P4 systems. The fan would spin, but no POST or boot. Look for a power connector on your board, it is square and has 4 sockets surrounded by the typical white plastic found in all atx power plugs.

If you don't have something connected to it, connect the lead from your ATX PS that can fit there. If you don't have that lead, buy a new power supply that says on box "P4 compliant".

-----

NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM! Though my board has been working for 6 months now, I turned my PC off last night and now I have no POST and no boot. In fact when I press the power switch, exactly nothing happens. When I disconnect the P4 12v lead (the one I wrote about last thread), ASUS reporter says "System failed CPU Test." WHen I reconnect the 12v lead... nothing happens again. Have checked everything 10 times, and have reset the cmos 6 times including directly by removing battery. I think it may be time for a new board, new company. I have used ASUS for last 4 years for about 6 different boards. Has been downhill whole time.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
You're scaring me... mine's been running file too.

Blown power supply? Supplies seem to be dropping dead all over the place around here. True, it can see when the extra +12V is present, but maybe something else is blown, like the +3.3V. Do any fans or drives spin up?

Maybe you should also check to see if you have the solder bridge problem, look here on page 3.

-clintfan

·
Registered
45 Posts
This happens to me at random... well kind of.. If I manually set my ram to their settings that they are suppose to be... I get no screen when the computer restarts.. it's just black.. then the monitor self test turns on saying the monitor works fine. So I have to keep my ram at auto detect. Also If I turn turbo mode on the same thing happens.. what is weird though.. it takes 3 reboots exactly before it will go to post and let me go back into the bios setup. Everytime.. always 3.. I don't know what to think about these motherboards.. all the nice features that only work when they want to work.. I'm afraid to go into my bios setup anymore. And it's killing me that turbo mode won't work!
If none of that stuff seems to work right why would I trust the AI overclocking feature?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.