Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought P4C800 Deluxe mobo, I ventured out to find out what kind of problem this motherboard may have, after all no mobo are without kinks.

I had hoped that by consolidating all the problems and solutions onto one list, it would save other lucky (or unlucky) owners of this motherboards time searching for solutions.

Feel free to add any other additional problems or solutions.
This is from memory so correct me if I'm wrong

1. BIOS update: seems that version 1008 are not without issues. Causes BIOS hangup.

SOLUTION: upgrade up to version 1007 and wait till 1008 are safe.

2. Power Supply: Inadequate power can causes the motherboard to not start. Fan may be running, HDD might run, but no POST.

SOLUTION: get 480 watts or more. get quality, not quanitity. Enermax, Antec are good PSU.

3. Memory: incompatible memory can cause the board to not run in dual channel or reduce the speed of rated memory.

SOLUTION: get memory as listed on P4C800 Deluxe memory listed at http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4c800-d/overview.htm

4. HSF: There has been reports that the computer would not boot at all, have symptoms seemingly like a dead board. The heatsink and fan are attached too tight.

SOLUTION: loosen the HSF.

If there is any other problems or solution please feel free to add to this list.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:
-----------------
Bios update 1006 seems to causes problems as well.

Power Supply: good info on this forum
http://www.techsupportforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5535&forumid=15

Possible Solution: make sure its revision 1.2 not 2.03

ADDITIONAL PROBLEM
---------------------------
5. BIOS Screen is being displayed slowly. The mobo is overclocked, so the BIOS screen show slowly. More can be found at forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.phpthreadid=138104&highlight=slow+bios

SOLUTION: Well, tolerate this or go back to default setting

6. OS - cant install, not complete, or any other reason standing in the way of stardom, seems to be related to memory setting, or incopatible memory

SOLUTION: use one memory module and test, if not guess you're SOL

7. VIDEO CARD: Incompatible video card.

SOLUTION: anyone ?

well well well, seems like this mobo has more problems than Saddam Hussien does running away from the US

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

I just updated my BIOS to ver.1007
I can now set my RAM timing at 2-2-3-5

The system is running very fast and smooth!

Rich

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Rich, Thanks. Would you mind listing your stat, what part your computer have, what brand, and all, so that others may use as it as reference. Its would be nice to know what work and what doesnt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

4 sticks of 512megs for a total of 2 gigs of Corsair PC3200 Twin XLL

If I could purchase my RAM again I would go with a more compatible RAM that is listed on the ASUS website.

Then I could set the timing at 2-2-2-5 and get the full dual channel power!

Rich

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Rich said:
Hello,

4 sticks of 512megs for a total of 2 gigs of Corsair PC3200 Twin XLL

If I could purchase my RAM again I would go with a more compatible RAM that is listed on the ASUS website.

Then I could set the timing at 2-2-2-5 and get the full dual channel power!

Rich
2 gigs?! :| thought I was styling with my 356mb ... :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

This is a Canopus RexM1/RT/Mpeg video editor.

I run Rexedit, Adobe Preimere 6.5, Photoshop 7.0, Sound Forge 5.0 and Smart Sound Pro all at the same time with my editing style and need.

This is why I need alot of powerful and fast RAM.

The ASUS P4C800 has brought my RexEdit back to life!
I'm very happy with the mobo.

Rich

·
Registered
277 Posts
so is 2-2-3-5 the fastest, where do i adjust this setting (4*512 MB RAM) also whats "Throttle Clow Clock Ratio" should i mess around with this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe Problems & Solutions

I have updated mine and my board works perfectly no problems.

Computer Tech. Jim

Asus P4C800
2.4 Ghz Cpu
1024 Mb DDR Corsair Twin X512-3200LLPT Running @ 400 MHz
soundblaster Audigy gamer
5.1 creative 5200 speaker system with subwoofer
G-force 4 Ti 4400 128 Mb
Entec 350 Watt power supply dual fan
Zalman highspeed Cpu fan with air Funnel
Que burner drive
Cd rom 56x
high speed tower fan.
Bios is up to date.

Knowledge is power read it, think it, use it

My bios version is 1.00.0.23

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has been couple weeks now and my ASUS p4c800 have no problem whatsoever. I overclocked it to 3.0 ghz, this board didnt even stumble, it just kept on running like water.

My Stat

Asus P4C800 Deluxe
2.4 @ 3.0 ghz
1024 MB Kingston 400 mhz
GeForce 4 Ti 4400 128 DDR
Antec True550 Total Control
37GB WD Raptor 10,000 RPM
Xaser 5000 case with 5 fans

JUST PURE POWER! This board is worth the money!

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
With all the P4C800 problems I've been seeing, it would probably be even better to set up a sub-forum inside motherboards and bios for the P4C800 and make this thread sticky!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe Problems & Solutions

Hi ,

I have the P4C800-E Deluxe MB and Pent 4 3.0 800 FSB with Intel Heatsink, My motherboard wouldnt even get into post when i booted so I tried everything mentioned here and the only thing that worked was loosening the retainer arms on the heatsink. Seing that it did the job i took the heatsink out, filled off the ends of the arms where they sit against the retainer and then popped it back into place and that did the trick.

I believe the Intel Heatsinks that come with the new cpus are too tight for this MB , either buy another one or do as i did if you feel comfortable enough playing around with the insides of your comp. I ve contacted Intel and Asus about this but to no avail, hope this helps someone out there with the same problem as I had getting this thing to boot.

Tone

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad this thread is of help. Fortunately, when i first got my board and processor, I skip the heatsink precisely because of the fact that heatsink were causing problems, and went with a 3rd party cooler. I'm glad (and fortunate) to say that this board is the best I've encountered. Definitely worth the money, overclocking is easy as 1 2 3. I have a 2.4 processor, and t first time i overclocked, i jump straight to 250 fsb, thus giving me a 3.0 performance. This board didnt even cough, whine, or turn into a cry baby. It took it like a man and went on working.
How cool is that ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
hi tone my cpu is the same as urs, got mine 3months ago how high can u overclock to?

Im currently at 3.3Ghz Temp 68 Degrees C

max is 3.6Ghz

Ne 1 know y my AGP Asus Fx5880 is red hot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Strange Problem

Ok- hopefully I'm not too off topic with this, but has anyone else been having trouble with the p4c800-e Deluxe AND an ATI radeon 9800pro.

I just got the system put together a week ago, and after installing the radeon and an Audigy2 plat I was having strange system hangs at random times whenever I was running an ATI demo (or a game like Warcraft III or BF1942.)

At first I suspected it was drivers. Updated both vid and sound drivers...that didn't work. Updated windows..that didn't work. Updated bios..that didn't work.

after each update though..the system would run for a couple of hours and then...freeze. After the intial bout I'd power off and running the culprit program would cause the system to freeze almost immediatly.

after the round of updates I uninstalled everything (windows included). Kept the updated bios, pulled the audigy, and kept the newest catalyst drivers for the radeon.. the system froze once shortly after getting it set up that way but hasn't frozen yet. I've not been able to mess around with it much under this new setup...but since it froze once I'm afraid that it's going to keep doing this, and I'd really like to use the audigy since I've paid so much money for it.

If anyone has a clue how to help- please, please reply to this or send me a private message/e-mail.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.