Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Asus P4C800 Deluxe Cant Install Win XP Pro Incompatible ?

New Assembled PC Specifications:-

Asus P4C800 Deluxe
Bios version 1011.007
Onboard sound AC97 (SWA)
Pentium 4 2.4MHz (800MHz FSB)
1022mb @ 2x 512MB Twinmos PC3200 DDR400
Graphics:Matrox Millennium G400 16mb AGP
IBM 20GB IDE Drive
CD Rom. Plextor PX-W1610A
PSU. Q-TEC 400WP.

I've tried to clean install Win XP Pro but it gets to about 80% installed then computer shuts down, if I then restart it checks everything and try to continue installing the shuts down again.

1. I have installed latest bios version 1011.007 dated
09/02/2003
2. I have used Intel chipset Installation Utility.

3. Windows 98se installed I then tried upgrading to XP Pro
after 80% it went the same as before.
4. I have tried installing with the bare minimum attached to
motherboard.
5. Cant install Win 2000 Pro same problem.
6. Run Microsoft Upgrade Analyzer whilst windows 98se was
installed the result is :-

:upset: Hardware Compatibility Issue:- :upset:

Hardware that might need additional files.
Please note that the following entries might be software that is registered as hardware: System Devices
Intel(R) 82801EB SMBus Controller-24D3.

Have contacted Asus and Intel,but not had any reply yet
If anyone has any ideas how to resolve problem Please Help

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi speedo

My hard drive is about six months old and did run a dual boot system, ie, Win98se and Win 2000 Pro and work perfectly on a Asus P3B-F Pentium 3 850MHz and 768MB.this mobo now runs Win XP Pro ok, but still no luck with the P4C800 Deluxe :mad:

G

·
Go here and download the drive fitness test.

Note: This download creates a self-booting DOS diskette to run the DFT utility. You can create the diskette under Windows or under Linux, using the Linux version, but you must start your system with the DOS bootable diskette to run DFT.

After creating the boot disk and booting to it you want to use the Low-level format utility (use DFT Utility option: Erase Disk)

And after this is done load Your Operating System, With any luck you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Speedo

Just to let you know that the problem was my hard drive had
developed an error which was causing my problems, which is strange as it work ok with my previous mobo setup, had you not suggested wiping hard drive clean, and then I check drive for any errors thats when it showed up.

While I wait for new one to arrive I've tried a old but tested hard drive apart from being rather noisy it works and running Win XP Pro, and more importantly my new P4C800 Deluxe is up and running, once I install new hard drive and get everything setup I will post details of my setup.

Please note my error in my previous message it should have read
Maxtor 40GB Hard Drive and that was a replacement from previous failure Maxtor, and although this drive is only about six months old maxtor waranty ran out August 2003 it must have continued on from previous faulty drive warranty which is bad luck, any way thanks everyone for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.