Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
Hey slash288, I'm travelling so I won't be able to respond in timely fashion, but here's one idea.

You said your system is new, and it doesn't find anything on the disks. I'm assuming that means you haven't been able to install an O/S yet because you can't get that far.

Can you boot from the O/S install CD? If not, try changing Boot Device Priority in your BIOS setup Boot screen, make it CD-Floppy-Hard Disk. I had to do this to my -E to allow the initial install. You can access that screen by hitting DELETE during POST. Ignore the RAID message, it is normal.

I don't quite understand the power-off thing, though. That's just plain strange. Maybe it has something to do with the RAID. Also wondering if you got the system connector wiring mixed up somehow. I'll think about this tomorrow while making trips through the desert to the dump (no joke).

If you can make a boot floppy on another system (XP or '98) see if you can boot to an A: Dos prompt. Trying to narrow the problem down here. When I first tried a '95 boot floppy my system would not boot, it just reset itself partway up, repeatedly. But with '98 & XP floppies I could boot.

-clintfan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.