Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. lets go... my System is:

Mainboard: Asus K8N4-E Delux (Socket 754)
CPU: AMD 64 3400+ 1MB L2 Cache
GFX: GeForce 7800 GTX Extreme
Memory: 3x 1024MB Corsair CMX1024-3200C2 (PC 400)

I've got a huge problem, befor i was working on 2x 512MB Kingstone HyperX CL2 and all was cool and fine... now i buyd 3x 1024MB Corsair... and when i'm putting 3 Memory Modules in, and setting in Bios 200 Mhz (PC 400) My pc is not starting.

What ever.. i tryd to put in: 3x 1024 | 2x 512 1x 1024 | 2x 1024 1x 512... and always same problem its not running on PC 400 (PC is not starting or freez right after Checking Memory on startup screen)

All memory modules are good (tested)
All 3 memory slots are good (tested)
I got lastes bios (Updated today)

Please help me guys ! THX

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf
that board might have inherent issues with the ram, either the size and or the make, is it on the qvl list for the board?

you might try clearing the cmos and try another boot attempt
or try to underclock it--
relaxe the timings down to about 333mhz and see if it boots
and bring the timings down to 3-4-4-8

post back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've tryed to put in: 3x 1024 Corsair (all same module) I tryd to put 2x Kingstone HyperX module and 1 x Corsair or 2x Corsair and 1x Kingstone.... What ever i put in (I mind 3 MOdules at same time) PC 400 is not working (PC is freezing after "Memory checking xxxxx bytes OK" or its just not starting total

1 more time, all my memory modules are good, and all slots on mainboard are working. So i dont know.. i'm thinking that its some main mistake in bios by Asus or something

/edit > wher can i find the Qvl list?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
try them with a slower speed...below 400fsb and see what happens
qualified vendor list should be on the motherboards home page..maybe under support

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are working on 100/133/166... just not on 200 (400)

(And i'm unhappy with that... its sad that i buy hardware for mutch money... and im not able to use it on "max" and so)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He got other MB, but anyways he is not able to run them on PC400 (even 1 stick)

And I'm working now on: 2x 1024MB Corsair on PC 400...

My problem is: That what ever type of memory i put in like: Kingstone,Corsair,GEIL.... i'm not able to run PC 400 at 3 sticks
(My mainboard got just 3 slots.. so its my MAX)

So memory modules are good,and they are not the problem. Its probably Asus.. eh (Should i put Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts ?)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe it's the memory controler on the socket 754 CPU. 2 GB of RAM is enough.

Refer to your motherboard manual or download it from the Asus website if you don't have the manual. Information on memory starts on page 2-8.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sesion said:
He got other MB, but anyways he is not able to run them on PC400 (even 1 stick)

And I'm working now on: 2x 1024MB Corsair on PC 400...

My problem is: That what ever type of memory i put in like: Kingstone,Corsair,GEIL.... i'm not able to run PC 400 at 3 sticks
(My mainboard got just 3 slots.. so its my MAX)

So memory modules are good,and they are not the problem. Its probably Asus.. eh (Should i put Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts ?)
I had the same problem, the thing was I ordered the motherboard, cpu, and memory as a combo.. Then I get it in the mail hook it all up and nothing, just a blank screen.. Take 1 stick out and it worked, they were pc3500.. I ended up taking it to compusa to have them look at it and they said it was the memory.. They put in 2 sticks of 512 pc3700 and it worked fine.. mobo was K8V deluxe..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.