Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just got back to the university and hooked up my laptop to a bunch of stuff: my 1680x1050 22 incher, among other things.

However, there's this strange issue with the monitor: It's set up to be the primary display, so the laptop's LCD is off, but the screen flickers maniacally in a very subtle way, which becomes EXTREMELY apparent when when colors are prevalent on-screen, such as in a game.

The monitor is connected by VGA to the laptop, as the computer has no DVI out. The monitor is hooked up to a power strip, which is fed by a double outlet to which the laptop's power cable is directly connected, above the power strip.

P.S.: Now that this stuff is hooked up, the laptop, which usually sits idle around the medium-high heat range, even while playing games, now easily climbs to critical levels, at which point its fan activates to lower it to the green range. This is just sitting at the desktop idle. Funny, because I also have a cooling pad attached. Maybe the cooling pad should be turned over? Not that it'll stop the fact that the thing is constantly generating more heat than it used to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.