3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i recently put together a computer:

asus a7v333
athlon xp 1400+
256 pc3500 ddr
40gb 7200 hdd
geforce3 ti500

so i got everything turned on and working ok, and i realized i was overheating... turns out i had the heatsink on backwards =/

so anyways, i take it out, turn the heatsink around, put it all back in... but now when i turn it on, nothing happens.

i plug in the psu and the green light on the mobo comes on, i hit the power button and nothing happens. i'm positive i have the connectors plugged in correctly, and i've taken them all out, turned them around, etc, tried doing em backwards, in case i'm reading the layout wrong.

it wont turn on. i see the cpu fan twitch, a fraction of a centimeter... that's it. i've reseated the cpu/heatsink/fan, i've reseated everything. i've checked, double checked, triple checked the connectors from the switch to the mobo...

it hates me =/

it's so frustrating. i was so close to having it run fine. help me please

G

·
Hello atarom and welcome to the forums...............:D

Try reseating the ram, If that doesn't work you may have fryed the CPU..........................:|

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the a7v333 has COP, so it never got over 70C... in fact that's how i found out it was overheating... go in bios, watch heat climb to 70, and poof, shut off =/

·
Registered
227 Posts
the Athlon 1.4 eats more power and generates more heat then almost any other processor in it's class out there (and some above it's class)

A CPU can be fried and it can still boot (boot as in no errorcode beeps). It all depends on how much it was fried and to what extent

this is why I like to keep 2 or more amd chips around. so I can switch and test the cpu's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.