Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I start my computer the Asus image that comes up on startup has sort of dark lines through it, and once dos starts up there are lines of odd characters going vertically down the screen, evenly spaced, they seem to flicker a bit sometimes, yet you can still see the things that normally come up sort of underneath these lines of odd characters. Once windows xp starts up there are lines of odd colors in the xp logo and then the hard drive test comes up and has brownish vertical lines like the ones mentioned before, once i bypass or test the screen goes blank, like i have the wrong refresh rate or something. I've tried everything I could think of with any peripherals or hard drives but when I boot with nothing connected (hard drives, cd-rom, floppy) the characters are still there! I'm thinking it must be something with the motherboard, anyone have a clue?

S

·
0 Posts
Try booting into safe mode (F8) key during the beginning of the boot process and see if you get rid of those lines. If they are still the same it's probably a bad video card.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.