Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My setup:
Asus A7N8X Rev. 2.0
I have worked on computers for years but never had this problem! (This is also my first asus board :mad: )

A few weeks ago, Win XP pro gave me an error at bootup. I tried fixing the software problems to no avail. I tried repairing with the CD and had the same error. I decided to disable some devices in the bios. Funny thing is: After I save (or even when I discard) changes in the bios and exit the whole system hangs. I cant CTRL-ALT-DELETE , I press the reset on the front nothing happens, I hold down on the power button, nothing happens. The only way I can get the system to POST is to remove power cord, replug and turn on. I have removed all devices except video card and that didnt help.
So - Ever since then I havent been able to save any bios changes.

I did manage to flash the bios from 1003 to version 1005. Still the same problem occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kenny

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum kmccoig...........:D

What have you got in there for a power supply?

And is this a new case or one that you have used before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you im glad to be here.

The power supply is a few years old. Its an Enlight 235 Watt. I used it with my old system along with the case, which is about 3 or 4 years old.

Do you think this has something to do with it??

S

·
0 Posts
Without knowing exactly what your running there I would take a shot at this as being the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.