Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an ASUS A7N8X MOBO with an AMD XP1600+ processor. When I power up my system, everything seems fine, I don't get any system errors or anything. Whenever I try to go into my BIOS, I'm maybe in there for like 1 minute tops until my computer totally shuts off. I can turn the machine back on with the same results. I can't even stay in the BIOS long enough to make any changes. OMG please help me!

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome 4bsoluteZer0.........:D

Does it run normally when it gets to Windows? If it gets to Windows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It never actually makes it to windows...can't even make the computer to stay on long enough to even start an installation of Windows. Just within like 30 seconds to a minute after I have turned the power on the computer, it shuts down. If I try to go into my BIOS, it then freezes and shuts down.

S

·
0 Posts
Check the heatsink to make sure it has good contact with the CPU. Some heatsinks have a step on them which can hang up on the high side of the socket. Be careful..........:D

Is the heatsink fan connected to the proper header?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG thx! That did it. I feel like such a n00b. Guess I got too excited when trying to put the processor in. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.