Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Patriot
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a ASRock M266A Socket 478 Motherboard I think it is.

wondering whats the best 1 gig DDR ram module i can buy off ebay for under $70?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

Hello Bullet: I strongly advise you research and write down some memory model numbers that are compatible with your mobo BEFORE you buy. Alot of people ( i have doen it too!!) buy some memory because the deal was good onluy to find its not compatible with your mobo. I would research on the crucial, corsair and ocz websites (all excellent memory makers) and find model numbers for memory sticks which are listed as compabible for your mobo. Then; using these model numbers go on ebay and bid on that memory!!

otherwise you will find a hellva deal / but it may not work with your board / especailly one gig sticks are even fussier than the 512 if you can believe that !!

also does your board support dual channel config's ( mobo have 3 or four slots for memory) if four than probally yes / a board will run alot faster with two matching sticks of 512 in dual channel mode than it will run in single channel mode with one gig !!!!

regards

joe

·
The Patriot
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
its got 2 slots for DDR and 2 for SD and you cant mix em.

recently I bought another 512 MB SDram pc133 which was the same type already in their, and every once in a while it would reboot on me, sometimes doing it alot within 10 minute period.

only info I found was it supports 200/233 DDR or something. someone told me it will support chips only as high as PC2100

web site only says speed PC133/DDR266
I assuming thats the highest speeds it can go in memory, I dunno.
and all the asrock site says is up to 2 GB DDR Dimm or 2 GB SDR

I might of found a compatible chip, but will high density chips work on this board?

I cant find really whats compatible with the mobo though,.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.