Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm this close to taking this radeon out back and shooting it with my 12 gauge. I am not even kidding. I have never had this much trouble with a video card. My Voodoo5 5500 even is more reliable than this stupid thing in Windows 10 (yes, drivers exist).

Whenever I'm playing a game I get a freeze, then a black screen, and most of the time a hard reset. I have the following in the logs:

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

each time this is the culprit. I have noticed it happens mostly in the game "state of decay 2"; I haven't noticed it in other games.

However this game is one that I play the most. I also have noticed that it's performance pales in comparison to the GTX 980 I upgraded from in certain titles. In Tomb Raider, of course this blows away the 980. In State of Decay 2 its better....but id rather drop my gfx a bit and actually able to play longer than an hour or 2 before it crashes...

I'm this close to just saying screw it and ordering the 2080Ti, as that was my original intent anyway. I thought I'd give team red a try. Never again unless I can get these driver problems figured out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts