Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that there are currently 3 different models of Arctic Silver thermal compounds: Ceramique, Alumina, and Arctic Silver 5. They all seem to be pretty close in comparison, does anybody know which is the better model? I am currently using a 3.4GHz, socket 478 (maybe moving up to the 775 socket eventually). I am not overclocking nor using water cooling in my system. This would be for my Antec Sonata II case. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I've used Silver 5 on CPUs and GPUs with not a single problem. I've heard of the other types but I don't know how well they work. I believe the manufacturer has information on their website in regards to application and the differences between each type.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

My vote goes with the Artic Silver 5 product and that is all I use on any I build for others or those for my personal usage. I also have never had a single problem with the product.

·
Registered
174 Posts

I believe arctic silver 5 is the best for general use. When I put an ATI silencer on my 9800XT I remember ceramique being recommended for the ram chips on the card. Both seem to work fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.