Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mistakenly chosen Mozilla as the application to open pldt watchpad.application. How do I correct this? When I right click the pldt watchpad.application and choose "look for the appropriate program on the Web" I am directed to http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0409/xml/redir.asp?Ext=application. But this site always has error message. My question is when I right click the pldt watchpad.application and click "Open with", which program from my PC should I choose to open it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Pat. I am already registered. My problem is I have made Mozilla as the default program to open the file pldt watchpad.application. How do I change this to the right program for opening this file type. When I right click pldt watchpad.application and click "Open with", I am directed to the folder Program Files. From there, which program should I choose as default for opening pldt watchpad.application.

·
Enthusiast
2,865 Posts
This is where I am having trouble.

I just went to the web site to view.
Did you make a shortcut or did you download an actual application?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I already downloaded the installer file and saved it on my desktop. However, I mistakenly right-clicked it, chose "Open with", and selected Mozilla and then clicked the check box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". Now I need to correct it and choose the right program from the "Open with" list box so I can install pldt watchpad.application on my PC. Thanks for finding time for this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
File name is pldt watchpad.application.
Type of file: APPLICATION File
Opens with: Firefox

My question is what do I change the Firefox with to open this type of file? The choices shown when I click "Open with" are all incorrect.

·
Enthusiast
2,865 Posts
I honestly don't know what it should be opened with.

It may be easier to just uninstall it and then reinstall it and it will correct
all of the settings during the install.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, though I haven't installed pldt watchpad.application yet. I have juts saved it on my desktop. I am trying to install it but the default program to "open" it was wrongfully set to Mozilla.

·
Enthusiast
2,865 Posts
I have a odd feeling about that file.
I have never seen a file like that.

Generally files have a 2-4 letter extension like exe or doc.
The fact that it doesn't concerns me a bit.

Try to download it again and see if there is a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.