Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased and install a d-link DIR wireless device, I have a server application and a client application installed on the client systems. The client application were able to connect to the server application before the installation of the d-link wireless device, but since the installation of the device the client application could not connect to the server application any more (the clients application could not see the server). However, the server and the clients computers are on the same IP given by the dlink device. HELP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The network is a server and clients type. The application on the server controls the timing usage on clients machines, and the wireless device is a D-link model DIR 625. (After installing the wireless router the clients timing application could not connect to the server control application, though the server and the clients are using the IP address DHCP from the router.)
The application is doing its job OK if the router is not present.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts
Well, the easiest way it to configure the DIR-625 to put the server in the DMZ, that will allow all ports through the router to the server.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts
Oh, I'm getting it. This is just on the local network, I was thinking you were looking to come over the Internet.

There should be nothing about the router's wired/wireless network side that blocks any traffic to/from the server. I'd have to suspect a firewall somewhere that is reacting to the new IP address range of the new router.

I'm guessing if you either review the firewall settings or disable the firewalls, you'll find the application works again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.