Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if its the laptop or if it has to do with the router but it seems that Apple laptops always interfere with my wifi connection.

My brothers Mac does it when we both visit home and my girlfriends roommates mac always kicks both of our laptops off the wifi. After a few minutes it will let us connect back up but then dies out again after a few minutes.

I assume it has to do with the laptops because neither my brother or the roommate seem to have the problem and it only happens when they are online.

Anyone Know whats up?

Thanks All!

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,390 Posts
Hi -

Your laptop NEVER loses connection when only IT is connected to your wifi? How do you know who else is on the network at the time your system drops connection?

3 items, please.

1. Make sure wifi is up, running and connected to Internet. Download the zip file, extract the EXE file & save to desktop. RIGHT-click on EXE icon, select "Run as Administrator"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/att...op-netsh_lan_wlan_01-12-2010_jcgriff2_exe.zip

Two Notepads will open - on on top of the other. Save both as text files. I wrote the script - it is a safe EXE. It simply reports the status of wifi signal strength + ipconfig.

2. msinfo32 NFO file -
START | type msinfo32 | save w/ default NFO file ext

3. DirectX Kernel Diagnostics report -
START | type dxdiag | if x64, bottom-center of screen "..64-bit.." | save as text file

Zip up the 4 files and attach to next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.