Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to connect my Apple Iphone 3G to itunes for the first time. I am using a wifi dongle on my home broadband connection. I also have a wireless keyboard in the usb slots.

I load up itunes, and connect my iphone with the broadband connection working, but as soon as the iphone is recognised it cuts out the broadband. If i 'repair' the broadband connection it cuts off the iphone from being connected to itunes. I have had my i pod touch working on itunes in the past, however now this also appears to suffer this problem.

Could there be a problem with the usb ports? Or something else?

I have used itunes 8, and updated and used the most recent version and the same problem persists. Itunes can access the itunes store if the ipod is not connected.

Any answers would be much appreiciated!!

JWils.

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,461 Posts
Hi jwils,

Have you tried plugging it in to a diff computer?

Or you may give this a try and then give me an update:

Click on Start, right click My Computer => Properties => hardware tab => Device Manager => click the plus icon next to Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand this selection. Right click on USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller and choose Disable. Unplug Iphone from computer. Reboot your computer.
Now launch iTunes, wait a minute or so, and plug in your iphone

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I could connect it to a different computer but won't it register to that computer then?

Also i'd like to get to the bottom of this.

In Device manager i don't have the USB 2.0... option. But my ipod touch used to connect so surely the sockets are USB 2.0. Is there a way to get this functionality back?

Cheers,

Jwils

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,461 Posts
Hi,

I could connect it to a different computer but won't it register to that computer then?

Also i'd like to get to the bottom of this.

In Device manager i don't have the USB 2.0... option. But my ipod touch used to connect so surely the sockets are USB 2.0. Is there a way to get this functionality back?

Cheers,

Jwils
Hello,

It's just for the purpose of testing your device, see if it will work.

Can you please post the Devices in your USB (Universal Serial Bus Controllers) in Device Manager? You may do a print screen and attached it here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I have attached the image to this message. The window shown is the properties link from the Motherboard Resources item with the ! next to it, it thought this may be something to do with the problem.

I have a feeling the Apple USB driver that appears when the i pod is connected is conflicting with the existing usb drivers as i have plugged in my digital camera with no problems. It is just the ipod and iphone that are causing problems.

I have attached a second screen print of the list once the iphone is showing in itunes, and the wifi connected is knocked out.

I have also connected my iphone to another computer and it is working fine, i was able to activate it without registering it to that computer.

Thanks,

JWils

Attachments

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,461 Posts
Hi,

I have attached the image to this message. The window shown is the properties link from the Motherboard Resources item with the ! next to it, it thought this may be something to do with the problem.

I have a feeling the Apple USB driver that appears when the i pod is connected is conflicting with the existing usb drivers as i have plugged in my digital camera with no problems. It is just the ipod and iphone that are causing problems.

I have attached a second screen print of the list once the iphone is showing in itunes, and the wifi connected is knocked out.

I have also connected my iphone to another computer and it is working fine, i was able to activate it without registering it to that computer.

Thanks,

JWils
Thanks for the info and yes it's very helpful.

You may right click the ! and choose uninstall, then right click on any device and do a Plug and N Play to re-install the device again then you may test your Iphone connection and see if this resolves the issue.

If it's unsuccessful, you may try uninstalling the Apple USB device and re-install again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

I have right clicked and uninstalled the ! and restarted. Then i started i tunes and plugged in iphone, same problem.

I then uninstalled apple usb device and restarted.

When rebooted the list displayed the ! again.

I plugged in iphone and it tried to install the iphone, however i got the message attached.... could it be that my USB2.0 drivers are missing?

Thanks again,

JWils

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HI,

I have the drivers that came with my motherboard on CD but never use them as when i install windows it uses windows update to install the newer drivers.

I have tried the CD but that didn't seem to help either. Is there anywhere that will do appropriate newer versions of the drivers for download?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.