Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently installed Apache server 2.0.43. My computer which is currently running on Windows 98SE. I would like to start out saying that the Apache server does work. However, whenever I try to log off of a profile, I get a message saying that windows cannot shutdown and that I need to close Apache before it will. This is a problem in itself because in the Apache Service Monitor when I click 'stop' to stop apache, it doesn't do anything. Nor does it stop when I use the 'stop' in the Control Apache Server menu which is in the programs menu with the other things. The only way to get this program to stop is to Control Alt Delete the Service Monitor, the Apache program, and a program called Winoldap. Only then can I switch profiles. Sometimes when Winoldap goes down, it gives me an illegal operation message in USER.EXE. Any ideas what might be the issue here?

Thanks in advance.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You see, that is the problem.

I cannot keep doing that the same way every time, as ending the task with Control Alt Delete in order to shut apache down for a logoff will keep it from running correctly in the next session.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use Apache too on Win98SE. (http://braindeadworkshop.dhs.org)

I haven't encountered this problem, all I have to do to stop the server is X out the application window. It never gives an error message and it reports no bad shutdowns when I restart it.

Maybe if you try re-installing it?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your advice. Seeing as Apache works on your computer, it is my guess that it is not a 98 compatibility issue, but an issue with my computer (this computer has many problems). Good thing is that very soon I'll be building myself a new computer, and this new one will have Win2000 Server edition.

edit: saw your web page, looks good! Nice load time too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.