Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO What if they come out with 8.0. I don't need em anymore. I got my cable modem back again and i called in to discontinue using their lousy service. The person that was on the line told me my account had been "blocked". I gave em all the info they needed, but then they asked for my social security #. What The!! Why the hell would you need my SS in order to close a account?! As of now, i'm still a AOL member. I'm just not gonna pay the bills they send me. Not gonna pay for something i don't even use. If any body know's of anyway i can close it, i'm all ears.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
send them a fax with your username, password, last 4 of the credit card they are billing and your current billing address along with a simple sentence explaining you want your service off effective the date of the fax. Thats all they need..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called em again today. They said something about my account being blocked. I also go the bill...$65 in "late" fees even though i pay them way before they're due date. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Well pay them or dispute it, don't not do anything or aohell will end up on your credit report.

Also to close the account do what I said above it works .. Iv done it before, countless times, right before my free month was up :D

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I would go with TheTechIsIn's recommendation...I work for an ISP and thats what we actually require to shut down the account...push comes to shove, you have something on the paper that you have requested cancellation of account...

check these numbers on their corporate website...I would try to call every number listed...try to go as high as you can up the chain and dont be afraid to let loose on the phone...trust me,been there done that, got burned by aohell never again...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
but there the worlds number #1 internet service...and they make getting online so easy...

:tongue2: notice the sarcasm...if your pissed think how pissed you would be if you still owned thier stock:angry2:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Another horror story...and all of u AOL'ers were/are effected

35 Million AOL Accounts Exposed
Blogged by Oliver @ 06:18PM / Linkback / Comments (0)

Yes, you read correctly, by my count that is essentially every single account held by AOL. Apparently one of their international e-mail servers was not requiring password authentication. Anybody entering a username was granted access to that account. Worsening the problem is the fact that anyone with an AOL account is automatically given an AIM account with the same name and password. Having access to an AOL user's e-mail account would allow someone to request a password reminder for their AIM account, which they could then use to take over the account completely. I am really unhappy about this and I am, much to my horror one of those AOL users. Please keep the booing to a minimum, when I moved in they were the only company which would offer me broadband access (cable doesn't come into the area and for whatever reason, verizon had me listed as unable to receive DSL; even though AOL leases the same lines).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.