Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
go to start --> run --> type msconfig and hit enter click on startup look for a AOL entries and uncheck the boxes. then restart the computer and see if it comes up again if it does go to start --> Programs --> Startup and delete the AOL desktop shortcut actual path for this is "C:\Users\My User\Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Winodws\Start Menu" then restart and see if your problem is still occurs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the response. It worked. However, I did receive a very strange error messages as follows: Access denied error was returned while attempting to change service. You may need to sign on using an adminstrator account to make a specific change. Inspite of this message the changes were accepted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since my wife's computer has a wireless connection to mine I quess the systems must think that there is need for an administrator. Even tho her computer is in the shop, my router is still blinking and transmitting. I have received this kind of error message before. Anyway the changes seem to be working. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.