Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of it? I think it's a lot better then 2004 but I'm having a lot of problems with the game skipping and freezing. I have all of the graphics set on "medium high" and it skips a little too much. Anyone else have the same problem? I can run Need For Speed at full max graphics without flaws but Flight Sim skips. :4-dontkno Also they should have added more planes.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I downloaded the demo, but I have yet to install it. I'm hoping for a decent MS combat flight simulator in the near future. CFS3 was a major disappointment.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I have FSXdeluxe and it's pretty cool! The games required settings are actually a little out of sorts I think. I was playing it on a P42.8GHz, 1024MB RAM, 128MB ATI 9700 and the graphics weren't very good at all and I was getting a little choppy in spots also. I just built a new system with Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz, 2GB RAM, and 512MB 7950GT KO and it's much much better!

·
Tech Guy/Gentoo User
659 Posts
I'm quite happy with FS2002. The graphics are great and It runs perfect on my junky PC.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have FSXdeluxe and it's pretty cool! The games required settings are actually a little out of sorts I think. I was playing it on a P42.8GHz, 1024MB RAM, 128MB ATI 9700 and the graphics weren't very good at all and I was getting a little choppy in spots also. I just built a new system with Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz, 2GB RAM, and 512MB 7950GT KO and it's much much better!
I have the set up in my sig and with all the graphics on "medium high" it will skip about every 60 seconds or so. I don't see how this is possible when games like Need For Speed run smooth as glass and in racing games and war games stuff on the screen is moving a LOT faster than in Flight Sim. Especially when you're 15,000 feet in the air the background is moving very slow. I think it's in the Flight Sim software because I a lot of people complain about it being choppy.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
a lot of people complain about it being choppy because it is ahead of it's game. The graphics are too heafty for most systems to render smoothly. You may be 15K ft. in the air, but think about the distance and intricate graphics your computer has to render at that height and angle. When you're on ground level, it only has to render what your character can see and that is usually not much. In the air, it has to do that same, but you can see much much more.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a lot of people complain about it being choppy because it is ahead of it's game. The graphics are too heafty for most systems to render smoothly. You may be 15K ft. in the air, but think about the distance and intricate graphics your computer has to render at that height and angle. When you're on ground level, it only has to render what your character can see and that is usually not much. In the air, it has to do that same, but you can see much much more.
I understand what you're saying. The graphics in the game are really great, that's why I push it a little beyond what my system apparently can handle and just deal with some choppiness. When you're 15,000 feet up it's covering a lot of area but it's moving slow and I'd think it would have enough time to load. Like take Need for Speed, in those games the graphics are really good and when you're moving fast the background is really flying! I mean trees and street signs and buildings are whizzing by fast as hell and it doesn't seem to have any issues with loading and skipping. I guess that has a lot to do with the fact that NFS has a limited set of pre determined streets where Flight Sim has to load whatever part of the entire globe you happen to be over. By the way does anyone know if Flight Sim X is multi threaded for dual core? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I run FSX on a dual core and it runs excellent, but I haven't officially heard if it is optimized for it.

I see what you're saying also, but no matter how slow you're going, your video card is still rendering EVERYTHING you see over and over again for each frame. If you're running 30 frames per second, everything you see is being rendered 30 times/second so moving slow or not, it's rendering a ton of stuff! :laugh:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I recieved a dual core rig in the mail over the holidays and I am waiting to clear space to set it up. Do you know if you can install Flight Sim X on two different machines as long as you use that 25 digit passcode? I don't know because Microsoft is so anal about piracy I don't know if they limit it to one install or not. The problem is for the time being my dula core rig will have the stock X1300 Pro card and I don't know if flight sim will work with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.