Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pentium4 2Ghz, 1012 RAM, WIN98, ATi Radeon all-in-wonder 8500, soundblaster live! Value.

I tried playing madden 2003 and it says unable to load DDRAW.DLL check the file. so i download directx 8.1 and it does the same thing. i reinstalled my video card drivers and sound card drivers. i get this when i test DirectDraw in dxdiag:
"The file ATI2DRAG.DRV is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs. You may be able to get a signed driver from the manufacturer of the hardware device.
DirectDraw test results: Failure at step 1 (Loading DirectDraw DLL): HRESULT = 0x887600ff (Not found)"

Then when i try to test the music it says: "DirectMusic test results: Failure at step 6 (Activating the IDirectMusicPort): HRESULT = 0x88780078 (No driver)"

Anyone know what the hell is going on?? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
HAve you checked here

www.easports.com then in the top you can click on help and techsupport...

here are some results

I am getting "Internal Error "in Madden 2003 PC

Question
I am getting "Internal Error" in Madden 2003 PC

Answer
Some users have been experiencing this error. A known workaround is to check and ensure that all of your system, sound, and video drivers are up to date. Ensure that you have Direct X 8.1 by going to http://www.microsoft.com/directx and updating, if needed.

If this does not work,

) Go to the "C:\Program Files\directx\setup\" directory and run the "DXDiag.exe" program. This file is also located in the "C:\Windows\System\" directory.

2) Click the "Save All Information" button to export your DirectX information to a file.

3) Send that file back to us in your reply to this email.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Download the latest drivers from ATI and have them handy on your hard drive somewhere.

Do a search for ATI2DRAG.DRV and write down its location.

Change the video driver for your card to "Standard VGA". Reboot into DOS.

Navigate to the folder and delete ATI2DRAG.DRV. Reboot normally.

Reload the latest drivers for your card.

When loading up new drivers, if one of the files is the same version as the previous one, many times it does not get overwritten. Chances are this file is corrupt since it won't pass the DXDiags.

If the problem persists, do steps 3 & 4 again and then load the drivers that came on the driver CD with our card.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

thanks guys, it was something with my system.ini file, something was f'd up but its fixed now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.