Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking into getting a laptop does anybody have any ideas of what kind to buy im looking for great laptops that can also play any game i want if i

wanted too but i dont know anything about them and ive never owned any

ive always been a desktop person but im traveling alot now so i figured maybe its time to get one thanks for all the help :)

footnote: I'm an all amd fan too by the way

P

·
0 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF,

First of all which ever laptop you get it wouldnt be great for hi-end games. Games are usually cpu carving and more cpu stress means more heat. Laptops are not reliable as desktops and their cooling system is not adequate for games. You might experience some serious problems in short term caused by over heating. I am not saying you can't run games on them but if i were you i wouldn't.

I know you would like to get the most for your money. My favorite brand is Toshiba. Take a look at this link You can do comparisons between the models too.

Happy shopping. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hiya Blob

I have got a Sony VAIO PCG-GRT996ZP Lugtop, it's 4.2 Kilos (9.2 lbs) so its no lightweight, add the case charger etc and they wont allow it as hand luggage on a plane :4-dontkno

Link to Laptop

It is however quite powerfull with a 3.2 G P4, 533 Meg FSB and 1 Gig of mem with a 64 meg Grapics card. It also has a 16 inch 1600/1200 monitor.

I have played a number of games on it and it will run HL2 to an acceptable level where the game is playable but not brilliant. I would point out tho that the fan makes quite alot of noise, more than my PC, when it kicks in.

I also have a Sont VAIO VGN-S4M a 1.9 Kilo 13.2 inch screen laptop. This could prolly play a golf game but I would say thats about it.

Regards
Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.