Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

The choices are simply too overwhelming. I just need a simple inkjet that will be reliable ( By simple, I don’t mean cheap). I just print black and white invoices and shipping label mostly.
Has to have the usual suspects ( Color, fax, scanner and wifi connection)
I absolutely would like the most affordable cartridges.
Currently have a HP, I have had it for 6 years and it’s starting to act up ( Good product, it lasted)
I run windows 10.

Thxs

Pat

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,095 Posts
I'm with the previous recommendation, a Laser printer will have a much cheaper per-sheet expense and be a bunch more reliable than an inkjet! I used inkjet printers for many years, and I was constantly cleaning heads, changing dried out cartridges, etc. I finally got tired of the drill and got smart about my printing!

I currently use two laser printers, the Brother HL-3170CDW color printer and the Canon MF4570DN B/W printer. My Canon is ancient, I've had it a long time, it has over 30,000 copies logged. The only maintenance, other than changing cartridges, is I finally had to replace one of the hinges on the document feeder cover, I think the part was $12 on eBay. I use clone cartridges in both printers and have had no issues. Both printers will do double-sided printing, and the B/W one had a copier/scanner and document feeder. The Canon scanner obviously does full color scans if I need them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts