Tech Support banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
7,424 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
I'm so grateful I saw some videos before spending $$ on a Wacom tablet. You know the Wacom term is almost synonymous with pen and tablet. My first exposure to Photoshop with a pen and pad was in 2019 Wacom Intuos Pro. I can remember having it. I still recall getting it. It felt awesome to use but was also very difficult to get used to. However, it is now a much simpler and more practical tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using the XP-Pen Deco MINI7 graphic drawing tablet for Photoshop and Lightroom.

Provides for far more accurate retouching. I also no longer use a mouse and use the stylus for everything.

This was the best investment I ever made and I am glad I did it.

Unless you are an artist who is interested in digital drawing and painting do NOT get the large A4 sized tablet. You have to move your whole hand and arm to do anything.

Even a medium A5 sized tablet will involve a fair bit of whole hand movement to go from side to side of the screen. Having a dual monitor setup will make it easier working on one or the other monitor but whole hand movements are still required, especially to go from one screen to the other.

A small A6 tablet will let you do most of the moving just with rotating the wrist and wiggling the fingers. A small tablet is much closer to the way you write or do small sketches with a pencil.

Once you get comfortable with a tablet, and that will take a week or two, you won't even want to use your mouse.

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,036 Posts
Been using a Wacom tablet for ages, latest one is a One ... OpenGraph Data ... which is fairly inexpensive, and does all that I want from it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts