Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a Panasonic 42" Plasma monitor to be connected to PC. I'm looking for any input on specifics I mght need for the PC? any problems with this someone has experinced? any info...

·
Registered
209 Posts
make sure that it has DVI or VGA,
if it plugs in by svideo, dont bother using it for your computer.

the diference is resolution, svideo has to little resolution for a monitor

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the reason to buy the monitor was for a small buisness to be used strictly with a PC for display reasons. You wouldn't recommend using with a PC?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hooking up a computer to a Plasma television can damage it, depending on what you are doing with it. Plasma TVs can burn in, if a static image is left on the screen for a long time. If you are going to use it for web browsing or other computer applications, this can occur with the frames or start menu. Instead you should buy an LCD which will not have burn in for hundreds of thousands of hours. Video or a constant power point presentation would be fine.

·
Registered
462 Posts
something i thought would help: if it has a VGA/DVI input connection then you should make sure you get a graphics card with the capability to run at the highest resolution possible, something that will cost you alot, anyone have any idea what 42" would need for a resolution (e.g. 1024x768...)?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Check on the TV itself, they say what resolution the support. Also, plasmas have yet to prove their reliability so it may not be wise to use it like that yet, and they burn in much more easily than a regular CRT. Hell, even LCDs can "burn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most 42" plasmas are going to usually be 1024x768. Some LCDs will get higher resolutions, like the sony 40" Bravia with 1366 x 768. I'd recomend that one, if you got the money for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.