Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am running a giga-byte (GA-71XEH) mother board using a AMD duron 1200 cpu. 384 mb of pc 100 sdram, video being used is a g-force MX 400 64 mb agp card. running windows M.E.

no one can figure out why the monitor keep going into this wild rainbow affect and the computer keeps locking up. with the only way out being to turn off the power and reboot. ( after 10 to 20 times aday of rebooting it get to be a pain ). it has been in the shop and i was told nothing is wrong with it.

every driver, bios, chipset drivers and settings have been tried but to no affect.

ANY help on this would be wonderful, including taking it out back and putting the computer to rest.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Tech Support Forums jonathan68

What refresh rate is the monitor running at?

Also what resolution are you using?...:)

·
hey
10,189 Posts
When you bring it to the shop what do you bring? Also have you tried a different power outlet or power strip?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am running 800 x 600 in optimal mode on a brand new 17 inch futura monitor. incase you ask, yes the AGP card is running on it's own IRQ address number. it's getting to the point that the thinking is the video card is not compatible with the mother board. there are no conflicts that the computer is picking up on and there is no forced hardware either. they put this computer through the good old bench testing ( for whats its worth) and everything came back with flying colors. i have gone through all the bios settings and everything is set to the correct settings. this computer was build by me from all new parts.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am a member on a cad-cam software forum and many members have had problems with openGL /winME/GeForceMX. It seems to be the "MX part because the rest of the Ge-force chip vid cards work fine. First try detonator 3 drivers from Nvidia, then borrow another card for a day to try it out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ty for the welcome SPEEDO and ty for the heads up JAMMAN. this is the only computer i have trouble with. i have two others i have built, ones running a GeForce 3 and the other is running a Voodoo 4500. which would be the better move, changing the O.S. IE: win 98 or XP or just yanking the video card and buying another. the later not being a GeForce mx.

with all respect to SPEEDO all the refresh rates have been tried but to not good.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE:

thanks for the people that are helping me...though it be few.

after spending the weekend going to friends houses that are computer nuts i have in hand a brand new GeForce 3 ( i die if i break it )....eeeeeeeeek.... and a used VooDoo 5500 AGP card.

going to see if i can get this problem soveled....YEAH RIGHT......LOL.

i also have a new all-in-wonder card...but i'll stay away from them seeing i have not heard to good of things about them.

HERE GOES NOTHING..........

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crusing along with a voodoo 5 agp video card.....geforce is gone and i will never buy another one again.

thanks again jamman for the heads up that was part of the choice to remove the geforce card all together....lesson learned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.