Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am on dial up connection now, i pay $20 a month for unlimited use to another internet provider on top of my normal Telstra bill and its been ok as far as $$ & speed for what i have been using it for, but my new computor will have a DVD & CD in it and i would like to be able to sometimes download movies and songs with it and the dialup i think will be far to slow for that type of use.
Its not only that, but when i use the internet on the same line as phone calls, i am missing a lot of calls and others in the house are getting pretty irrritated with me being always on the net. :4-thatsba
I am a bit restricted as far as money goes because i am on a diability pension,
so i am looking for a reasonable priced provider that will suit my needs without going to overboard with the prices and will keep the phone clear for all other normal phone calls.
I have been looking at a few differant deals but i see that if you go over a certain amount of m'bytes they get stuck into you for excess, which looks like a bit of a trap to me.
I would even be happy with normal dialup speeds during the day [ when i can get on it] and downloading stuff at off peak times or during the nights.
Or am i asking for to much for to little?
Thanks in advance for any idea's.
Tuby

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Try Optus ADSL I think they have packages that include your phone and some free local calls. I'm not sure about ADSL but with cable when you exceed your limit they don't charge extra they just limit you to dialup speed.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Try the Whirlpool SiteType in your phone number and it will tell you if broadband is available in your area and on that page you will be given the choice of two links "Plan Search" and "Isp Index" both these links should give you enough info to decide also there is a forum which is helpfull

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sandman55 said:
Try the Whirlpool SiteType in your phone number and it will tell you if broadband is available in your area and on that page you will be given the choice of two links "Plan Search" and "Isp Index" both these links should give you enough info to decide also there is a forum which is helpfull
Thanks Sandman, i will check that out
many thanks
Tuby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.