Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want or need 3-4 cameras on my phone. I don't take very many pictures. It is hardware I don't want to pay for. But I would still like a new phone with decent specs. Any suggestions? Preferably android os. Thanks!

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,616 Posts
It is hardware I don't want to pay for.
Don't expect to save bucks by settling for fewer lenses. Multiple lenses are the engineering trend and you're not necessarily paying a premium for them, because cheap alternative brands still have them even though they may not even be all functional! My advice, get the best deal your money can buy on a phone that doesn't mainly tout its photography capabilities as its selling point. If that comes with multiple lenses, simply ignore them and use it for what you bought it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well
Don't expect to save bucks by settling for fewer lenses. Multiple lenses are the engineering trend and you're not necessarily paying a premium for them, because cheap alternative brands still have them even though they may not even be all functional! My advice, get the best deal your money can buy on a phone that doesn't mainly tout its photography capabilities as its selling point. If that comes with multiple lenses, simply ignore them and use it for what you bought it.
Well I have a hard time believing I'm not paying for them to design and engineer features into a phone, and in cheaper models, that corners weren't cut to make room for the new trend while keeping the price down. Are they just not making single camera lense phones anymore these days? I know I'm having a hard time finding one, and this thread isn't really doing it either.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,616 Posts
In cheap ones, corners are cut mostly in the camera system itself; for example, extra lenses with unknown or ambiguous functionality (e.g "artificial intelligence" lense) and poor quality image processors, while the main functionality of the phone stays pretty much the same even in newer models. "Mid range" is a tall list, so let's cut to the chase. How much are you willing to spend?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.