Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone reccomend a good antitivir that works on win2003 server [and of course with real time protection,etc]?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Antivirus

I would recommend NOD32 (www.nod32.com)

NOD32 has come out top in huge amounts of awards and has a very low footprint. Unlike many other anti virus systems it hardly effects the running of the machine and the enterprise edition has a very good remote management console.

Its very well priced too

·
Registered
40 Posts
Antivirus

Hi

NOD32 do the antivirus as seperate systems as well. You do not have to use the remote management. They have a server product that is standalone and is fantastic

·
Registered
93 Posts
Taken from : http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/index.htm

AVG Pro
Eset NOD32
eTrust AntiVirus 7
F-Secure Anti-Virus for Servers 5.41
PC-Cillin 2003 (Grab the patched PCC.msi and refer to this readme.txt for instructions)
PC-Cillin 2002 (Grab the patched PCC.msi and refer to this readme.txt for instructions)
Sophos Antivirus
Symantec Norton Antivirus Corporate 7.6
Symantec Norton Antivirus Corporate 8.x (Not Home versions of Norton Antivirus 2002/2003)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've been using Symantec Antivirus Corporate and it works fine but I'm using it to protect all my servers and client computers. Does Exchange run on this server?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
jason_fx said:
and what about free anti-virus??
I dont know of anything that is free that will do real time on 2003 Server.

But I do know a couple of MCSE's that handle some pretty large networks and they both use Trend Micro for their corporate network.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.