Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....lets see where do I start??
I am having the problem of
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
I have done all the reasearch on this issue....
I got this computer from my sister and It already had Win XP on it, so I dont have the install cd for Win XP...What I did is downloaded the Windows XP Setup Disks (6) off of the Microsoft Website and I cant figure out how to get the computer to boot with them, I just keep getting the same blue error death screen. As you can quess I'm not all that smart on figuring that kind of stuff out but once I learn I got it. Oh and I do know how to get to BIOS too you hold Ctrl, Alt & Esc... So will someone please help me with getting the computer to boot with these floppy disks.

S

·
0 Posts
Hello kountrycakes and welcome to the forum.........:D

Depending on what kind of computer you have will determine how to enter the bios. For most home built types you need to press "DELETE" when prompted on the screen at the beginning of the startup cycle. Then change your boot sequence to boot from floppy first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speedo I already know how to get into BIOS and I did that and changed the boot setting to boot up floppy disk first and that did not work do you have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
If you put the disk in and its not booting off them or giving you a "Non System or Disk error message" then your BIOS is not listening to you, Id check it again. :)

Once you get the disks to boot correctly, goto the recovery console and try the"fixboot" command it may be all you need to do to correct the problem. May also want to through a "fixmbr" command in there to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.