Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after reading all sorts of posts with similar problems of mine, i havent yet come across an answer. Im part way through building a computer, all i have inside the case is a power supply [Jeantech storm 700w] mobo [Asus p5b] and a processor [intel core 2 duo 775]. The problem is i try to turn it on to make sure its all good and it turns off within 1 second. the lites on case and fans all come on for 1 second too. the green lite on the mobo stays on but it just kills the power, i dident put the stand offs in so i put them in and put the mobo back in but it does the same thing still. is it dead? im readinthe manuel for the psu and its telling me about short circuit protection and auto cut off all sorts. any help please?:4-dontkno also i dont even get the beeps telling me i have no ram in yet it shuts down before it even does it

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

I am hoping you didn't short your motherboard out (like fry something) by not putting the standoffs in the first time. Take the motherboard out of the case and place it on a non-conductive surface or a piece of cardboad, then fire it up and see if it stays on.

Post back with questions/concerns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.