Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I think I've broken my computer....:rolleyes:

Avg has deleted several files on my computer, keeps asking for a restart... which I've done, and the update !!!doesn't update!!! So I checked a few other websites.. and the bin file updates won't download. So I thought how about uninstalling Avg 7.5 and re-installing Avg 8.0... mmmhhhh well now 7.5 won't uninstall cos there's this error

Local machine: installation failed

Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avgemc.exe: creating backup....
Error 0x80070002 %DESTINATION% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe.install_backup_1", %SOURCE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe"

So if anyone has any good ideas to help me I'd really appreciate it...!!!:pray:

Lookin forward to some replies:smooch:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope.. unfortunately this didn't work!:4-dontkno

Any other suggestions please, other than taking it to a PC doctor.. for some medication and TLC?!:sigh:

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Try using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. As long as you installed the application using the Windows Installer, this utility will remove all the folders, files, registry keys, and entries from your system and allow you to start over with a clean slate.

Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
Locate and run msicuu2.exe to install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
Locate and launch the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility on the Start menu.
From the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility window, locate the application in the list and click the Remove button.
Once the application has been removed, click the Exit button to close the utility.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Be careful with the uninstall though, because when I tried the uninstall (same situation as you), it must have killed some vital system files because my computer blue-screened and then booted to a black screen with mouse. I had to wipe the hard drive. I hope that this wont happen to you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Download and install the 8.0 version, it overwrites 7.5 obviously or if you really want to uninstall then do what they say lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.