Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Blink and I have a confession to make. I was born well below par on MS Word. Eeeek! You'll no doubt see me poking around now and then in the MS Office thread. Oh, and I take cream and two sugars thanks. :smooch:

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
If you were in my Computer Science class you'd be right up to date on Word :sayyes:

Instead of programming, we are learning M$ Office.

BTW, Welcome to TSF :smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there HenryVI, I sure wish I was in your class, then I wouldn't need to go around the internet, cap in hand, begging scraps of knowledge. Thanks for the welcome and excuse my tardiness, I didn't even get a chance to check my email yesterday. Hope to start in asking a couple of questions by the weekend, need to do some reading here first.

And hi there dai, thanks for the welcome. West Australia huh? I've been over your way but not as far as that. I was in Sydney and Melbourne and always wanted to go check out Fremantle and Perth. Read a book on early Fremantle once and was fascinated by it, and Perth looks like a purely beautiful city. The babes too! :1angel:

Time to start work here, see you guys again soon.

- Blink :smile:

·
Vetustior Humo
11,129 Posts
Welcome Blink...

And remember, anyone who says they're a expert in MSWord - isn't. :laugh: It's a mystery to us all. So welcome to TSF. You can learn right a long with the rest of us.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome yustr. You're right, MS Word is a strange beast but I hear that Word Perfect is a whole lot worse so better the devil I know I guess. I'd best get started , I'll go look for the appropiate forum. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hey Blink and Welcome to TSF :smile:

Don't worry about being unknowledgeable (is that even a word). First time I got on a computer it had no OS installed and I didn't know what was wrong with it :laugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there Grove4Life, thanks for the welcome.

Heh heh, you could have been on that computer for an awful long time. About 10 years ago I was deciding to get a computer to make things easy for myself. It actually gave me a whole lot more to study, and because this is Windows much of that study has been on how to avoid getting viruses and spybots, and for the weirdest reason it generates more than double the paper work. Doggone, I even keep a DAY BOOK beside me on here!

So I was deciding about this and I was in a large store in upstate New York looking at computers. A salesman was creating a huge, very long banner to hang outside the store and I was watching, admiring this feat. I had to play. I found a computer about three or four down sitting quietly so I dived in head first. I tapped it and tapped it try to make things happen. Mr. Salesman came rushing up and asked if I was doing anything important. I replied no, just messing around. Seems I had ruined his banner and he had to start all over. He was very quiet then and I noticed a white line around his lips. I knew I was going to get whacked so I backed away and got the hell outta there never to return! :4-thatsba :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.