Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

so my mom's computer this morning was overrun with the "Antivirus System Pro Powerfull PC Protection" spyware or malware or whatever. it is redirecting her when she opens IE7 to the Antivirus System Pro website, continuous popups that her computer is "infected", ad pop-unders, windows security center keeps popping up, etc. also I had previously installed Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware, AND Hijack This on her computer, but now I can't even run any of those programs because the ASP is saying that they are "infected" and not opening them. So, I can't even post a HJT log or scan or anything...

Does anyone know how I can remedy this without being able to open any programs? or other steps I can take??

Thanks very much,
Kelz

·
Security Team , Moderator, Analyst , Rangemaster,
29,790 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please download rkill.com, courtesy of BleepingComputer.com, and save it to your desktop.

If necessary, download it to a USB drive on another computer, and transfer it to your desktop.

Double-click rkill.com to run it. If it won't run, try renaming it to rkill.pif or rkill.scr

You may have to run it multiple times to kill all the processes that are controlling your machine.

You should have more control over your system now.

Don't restart your computer, or you will have to do it all over again.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps
link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/new-instructions-read-this-before-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.